Friday, May 16, 2008

Pool Play Wrap-up and Bracket Preview

Now I know the title promised a write-up of today’s pool play, but I wasn’t there. I’m going to leave the official recap to someone who was. The results are up on score reporter:

http://upa.org/scores/tourn.cgi?div=122&id=4997

As you can see, I was wrong about the North Texas game. I don’t want to talk about it.

None of the pools went to seed, and pool D almost ended up upside down. Since Michigan failed hard (they were the only 1 seed not to finish at the top of their pool), we get to play them tomorrow morning at 8:30. Revenge is best served cold, and the morning mountain air will provide the perfect temperature.

The Illini will not look past the Michigan game, but I will. After Michigan, we get the best match-up we could hope for: Colorado. We shut them down in Vegas, and we’ll roll them on our way to semis.

It’s almost certain that we’ll see Wisconsin in the semi-finals. We haven’t played them since Terminus two years ago, and I have no idea what to expect. I’m predicting an Illinois win, mostly due to the efforts of Joel, Pat, and Dave, but anyone could step up at any time. That’ll be the difference in each one of these games. Are you going to step up and play like it’s your last game? Or, are you going to take it easy and let the other team make that decision for you?

On the other side of the bracket, I’m picking Arizona to play on Sunday. Why you ask? They have the best cheers out of anybody at this tournament.

No comments: