Thursday, January 24, 2008

Slow Week

Well, it has been about a week since I’ve made my last post. It’s not really my fault. Since no tournies have happened yet, I don’t have a ton of material to work with. I did plan for this though. At the beginning of December I sent out three requests for articles from various people. None of them have gotten back to me. I found it ironic that one of the complainers happens to be a person whom I asked to write an entry. It’s not like he’s been busy either. His foot is broken, and he’s had plenty of time to check my blog often enough to notice that I haven’t posted anything in a while. Anyway, I could really use that article on RSD, the one on positivity, and playing with a club team would be nice anytime you guys get around to it.

So, what is new? Our first draft of the A team has been decided. Looks like a solid group from my opinion; although one or two will have to prove they belong. This isn’t easy to do. Usually when you’re on the bubble, you aren’t going to get that much playing time. This means you aren’t gonna have a lot of time to prove yourself. Are you clutch? Or do you prefer more playing time? A few of you might want to ask yourself that question at this point in your career. Would I gain more from playing points as a stud on the B-team? Or would I gain more by watching and practicing with the A Team? Those of you on Boomland that think you got a shot at making the top squad (and some of you do) should ask yourself the same question.

Practice recaps: if you came to practice, I wouldn’t have to write this section. Then again, Pappy is stalking this blog, and he’d probably appreciate some news. Oh wait, he was at practice this past weekend. Not a whole lot is new Pappy. I still don’t like you, and friending my girlfriend on facebook is just plain creepy.

I can’t speak much for the B-team from here on out, so I’m hoping someone on Boomland will step up and start writing some articles. A big focus this year for both teams will be better footwork that leads to better timing. When we first setup these drills, it’s a good idea to go through it slowly to make sure your footwork is correct. It’s a lot harder to fix something when you’re going full speed.

Mardi Gras is two weekends away. Get excited.

No comments: