Thursday, January 3, 2008

Public Service Announcement

I have just received the most wonderful news. Apparently, a Wendy’s will be opening in the Champaign-Urbana area. Maybe even on campus, but I’m not too sure on its exact location. I’m not too sure of the exact day that it is opening either; however, I am sure of one thing. We will be celebrating this glorious opening with a team visit and at least one Wendy’s challenge.

A Wendy’s challenge is as follows: the original ten items from the 99 cent menu, fastest to finish wins. The original items include: the baked potato, Caesar salad, house salad, chili, 5pc nuggets, jr. bacon cheese burger, small pop, small frosty, small fries, regular cheeseburger (Zubair, you’re the expert on all things fast food. Is this list correct?) A few other rules to keep in mind: you must eat the Caesar dressing, but you may discard the dressing for the house salad; if you throw up before finishing the challenge, you must eat your vomit in order to finish the challenge.

By my memory, Curt holds the record for the illini at 11 minutes. Not only does his feat make him an eating champion, it also resulted in the shaming of Walden. Granted, it was Walden’s second challenge within the hour, and he also ate food from KFC, since the first challenge didn’t provide him with enough food. But seriously, if you’re gonna sit at the table, you’d better be able to finish. Anything less than that is just dishonorable. From what I’ve heard, Walden didn’t even finish.

Well Walden, It seems you will soon have the opportunity to regain your honor, if you so choose. He who wins the challenge and beats the team record will have his meal paid for, unless the team vehemently objects to this use of $10 of team funds. Another goal to keep in mind: the fastest time I’ve heard of in ultimate culture was 9 minutes and 32 seconds. Not sure who holds that record though. I want to say that it is a former Oklahoma player, but I seriously have no idea.

9 comments:

Pat said...

Curt finished in 9 min, 29 seconds according to the facebook group. Just sayin. And the previous record was by an Indiana player.

ckrichter said...

I think the Indiana guy did it in like 7somethin...

Joel said...

I think the indiana guy was the first sub 10 person, but dont think it was in the 7. But, I cant be too sure. I was watching Goose berate Sam Norris

Pavan said...

Walden would have killed himself eating that second Wendy's challenge if we didn't stop him. I can't think of anyone else that would put their honor above their own life. So I will not have you badmouthing him.

Connor said...

This is the best news I've heard so far this year.

Gramps said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gramps said...

I was in Champaign yesterday, and the N. Prospect Wendy's board said "Opening Feb."

Mickey said...

You mean the one that has, for the past year since it's been closed (maybe longer), said "The Frescata is here!"?

That means there's one last chance to make it say "Taste it!"

ckrichter said...

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!