Tuesday, January 20, 2009

From Bad News Springs Hope

Whoa. The team has received enough letters of resignation in this past week. It’s sad to see these men go. You may hate them for it or be upset about it or do your best to talk them out of it. (Seriously Chuck, you said you were superman. Last I checked, Superman could go from Florida to Champaign in a matter of seconds). But the decision is theirs to make, and as a teammate and a friend, we must respect that decision.


As team, we also have a decision. We have the decision to continue our pursuit of this game. We have the decision to show up to as many practices as we can and give as much effort as possible. I, for one, intend to make that decision. Yes, I have other obligations. You can’t plan a wedding with someone and never see them for four months. Sorry guys, but none of you are prettier than her. This may mean missing a few Friday practices and a tournament or two, but I’m still gonna be a damn good teammate.


This team isn’t one person. It’s everyone. If you’re slacking, there’s somebody there to pick up that slack. Eventually it’ll be your turn to put in the extra effort for somebody else. Yes, it would be nice if everyone was 100% dedicated, but that’s impossible. No single individual can give 100% of their time to a game, but that’s why we have a team. I’m proud to call myself a part of this team.

2 comments:

Zub said...

prettier than me?

Mickey said...

I agree. Nobody is prettier than Zubair.

But chances are she doesn't shout "Stoop kid's afraid to leave his stoop!"