Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A Break-up is Never Easy

We had a good run. Really, I mean that. You showed me things that I didn’t know were even possible. You allowed me to look into the depths of my soul by opening it up to you. Because of you, I am no longer afraid of who I am. You taught me to see the good in other people. God, you were so good to me. The times we spent together in those first few years were amazing. You knew exactly what I liked. I couldn’t stop thinking how lucky I was.


And then you hurt me. Badly. We didn’t speak for months. Man, I hated you so much. I couldn’t believe you would do that to me. You were the one person I trusted. The one person I cared for. I certainly didn’t expect it to be you. But there I was, hurt and all alone. And it was your fault! We didn’t speak for months. I knew you were sorry. I knew you couldn’t believe it happened either. But I just couldn’t deal with you at that time. You gotta understand. The mere mention of you broke me down. But I eventually realized that part of being together is accepting the other person no matter what. That’s when I decided to forgive you.


Those first few weeks back together were amazing. It was just like before. Everything was great. But things are different now. I’m sure you feel it too, that awkward tension that just won’t go away. We’ve both changed since it happened. It’s no one’s fault; that's just how it is between us now. I don’t think we’re ever going to get past this. I’d like to think that we can still be friends, but we both know that’s not for the best. Who knows though? I just think it’s time we went our separate ways.


Lamp, for the best interests of all involved. You and I should never play against each other again.

3 comments:

Mickey said...

Uh..didn't you get hurt while you were playing on the SAME team?

So what you meant to say is that you can ONLY play against each other.

Unknown said...

factual discrepancies aside, this is clearly rip's best post ever.

wv: fumcid, what zach frantz says to you when he gives you a xmas present.

Jon O said...

genius!