Sunday, September 30, 2012

The taste of forbidden fruit

I now have back-to-back losses in a game-to-go in the 2012 fiscal year. Prairie Fire crushed the competish (except Madison Club in pool play) on the way to the backdoor final and a shot at Nastinals. But we would have to upset Madison for the first time in 4 meetings. We went up 2 breaks early, and hip thrusted our way into halftime up one break. Then the offense shat the bed in a similar manner to Illinois 2012, and we lost 15-10. They say that you have to lose in a game-to-go in order to win a game-to-go. In my case, I've won these games when I was just a role player, but I have yet to do so as an impact player and a leader. If you ever think you're a great ultimate player, you best check your ego and measure yourself against this great saying: "Big time players make big time plays in big time games." I'm not there yet. But I guarantee that I will not let GT fall short at the 2013 SE Regionals. I hope the leaders of the new Illinois squad will work to do the same.

No comments: