Monday, November 29, 2010

Judgment Day

One year ago, I was a returning C teamer discussing with Jack Rabuck the correlation between nerves and how close to the bubble an individual was. My own nerves were threw the roof. I had spent a year at the bottom of the barrel of Illinois Ultimate, and an entire Fall trying to find my way onto the A team. At the end of the day, the nerves did nothing to help me that day. I had put in about 5 months where everyday I played Ultimate consciously thinking. I had already developed the skills necessary. If I had the confidence to just play it would have been better. So in order for me to pass on some confidence, I've jotted down some thoughts that I wish I had been thinking about last year.

Defense is the fastest way to the A team, look at our O line players from last year. They all made the team because they could play defense at first. If you can't play defense you can't be on the field.

Effort is the easiest thing to notice; never give up on a play.

Listen to the experienced players and ask questions. If you are willing to learn it will help your development.

Don't be worried about one throw. One throw is not going to make or break anything.

TALK in every drill, our focus all fall.

Focus, don't just be talking to your friend about the rest of your week. FOCUS on ultimate for the 3 hours you're going to be there.

Stretch every night and morning or as often as you can, it will help.

Never believe that you have arrived.

KB

1 comment:

pribyls1 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.