Tuesday, October 13, 2009

"Western Day 2"

So I may have set the bar too high on posts about Western... We (Y) got fifth, and X got seventh. I'd go into detail, but I waited waaaay too long thinking I'd have time to write something significant at some point.

In other news:

Despite feeling like a sure thing, my mixed club team (Drag'n Thrust) did not advance to nationals. I'm not complaining - we lost our spot fair and square. Twice in fact. I do wish our region would have had another bid though. We would have definitely done some work at the show.

Machine, along with Walden, Stupca, Joel, and Pat, take the number 2 spot out of the region on the open side. Congrats to them. Sub Zero gets bumped off for the first time in a looong time. I have to sympathize with them, seeing as it's my home team, but they probably had a feeling this might come along with the rise of Madison Club (and Madcow).

Next on the Illinois agenda is No Wisconsequences. We're choosing to attend the tournament split squad this year. Hopefully this decision turns out to be a good one, letting the rookies see lots of playing time in a decidedly more competitive tournament than Western. The team list went out in email form, but I won't post it here until it's finalized. Hopefully I'll have some time to post at least a Saturday recap while I'm there. No promises on information about Sunday.

Till then...

Austin

No comments: