Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Mardi Gras Recap

So, life got in the way of me going to this tournament. Between a job interview and the fact that my fiancée and I decided to move the wedding date up two months, I had to travel home instead of going to one of the biggest parties on Earth. Apparently, I lucked out since I heard on the news that people got shot on Bourbon Street.


Since I wasn’t there, I asked a few of my fellow teammates to do a write-up for me so that you would have the benefit of a firsthand account. Well, everyone has midterms this week, so I’m left to give you a second hand account.


We went 2-2 on Saturday beating Texas and UCF and losing to Georgia Tech and Notre Dame X. This seems to suggest that we’re beginning to get back into regular form as a team. Clearly we have some kinks to work out since we lost to a split squad, but the elements of good team are there. That’s exciting.


On Sunday, we lost in the quarterfinals to Wisconsin. They took half 7-2, but we battled back to make a game of it and lost 13-9. (It figures the one Mardi Gras I miss and we play Wisco. I’ve been wanting a shot at them my entire college career.) This game reinforces two points: 1) you gotta play every half 100% 2) This is a game of runs, so never count yourself out even if you’re down 14-2.


I really wish I had more to say, and maybe some of my teammates who were there will post some informative and entertaining comments. I heard a lot of talk in practice about epic Botticelli and speeding tickets (Max?).




No comments: