Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A Few Exciting Events

The rookies got their first taste of tournament action this weekend as they went to Western Classic in Macomb with a few veterans serving as captains. Team Y took 5th and Team X took 9th. Good work boys. The rookies are good. It seems that each year, you guys improve faster than we did. Don’t get too cocky though. You’ve still got a long way to go, but you’re on the right path. Don’t get down if vets and captains start pointing out more of your mistakes. This is a good sign. It means we see how good you can become, and that you’re ready to start learning more advanced concepts.


Now for some more updates on my health. I actually participated in a drill today. Granted it was a light marking drill with minimal running and cutting, but it was still a drill. I’m still planning on waiting until Vegas beofre I play in a tournament. I see no sense in rushing things too much. Right Denis?


Normally I reserve this blog for Ultimate related material. Even the content that slants towards the personal side still has an ultimate theme. Today however, I have some great news that I want to share here. This past weekend my girlfriend and I got engaged!

5 comments:

Miles said...

WOW! Congrats Rip...that's really awesome!

McLain said...

congrats, baby. are we all invited?

Jon O said...

Im keeping my fingers crossed for best man...eeee Im so excited

Kurty Z said...

oh boy, pretty soon we will have little ripskies running around laying out for discs and breaking eachothers legs! woo i cant wait. ;oD

Pavan said...

haha i like how kurt made a joke about rip breaking his leg. classic kurt