Sunday, March 16, 2008

Terminus Recap



I knew this tournament did not bode well for us when my car arrived at the hotel and the front desk was closed. What?!?!?! A hotel without a 24 hour front desk? The rest of the team was able to check into the other rooms. They also had the confirmation number for my room, but Sun Suites had to be a stickler for rules. My passengers and I spent the night in the car. Needless to say, Sun Suites will be hearing from the better business bureau about their front desk policies.

Our first and only game came against Georgia tech. They are a short team, but they have the speed to make up for it. Our intensity level wasn’t especially high, but it wasn’t noticeably missing either. Jman had some sweet hucks- throwing not catching (I was surprised too). Yours truly threw a break side huck for a score, and made the Clark list. Other than that, our team played in our natural style: defense murders, offense buries.


Lightning put an end to our game with a score of 14-10. Hard cap was two minutes away when we were forced to vacate the fields. Needless to say, we got the victory. The TD kept trying to get the rounds started after every storm (against the advice of Stupca I might add), but the weather had other plans. Tornadoes and lightning reeked havoc, but in the end, the flooded fields put an end to the weekend. Fearing for the integrity of his fields, the owner shut us down (Stupca 1, TD 0).

So, we traveled 10 hours in a car to play one game. I vote we go away, and never come back.

No comments: